PR Manager – Tech Against Terrorism and the Online Harms Foundation
£35,000 – £40,000 per annum
To start ASAP
Tech Against Terrorism
Tech Against Terrorism supports the global technology sector in responding to terrorist use of the internet whilst respecting human rights, with an explicit focus on supporting those smaller tech platforms with fewer resources to address the urgent threat of terrorist exploitation. We work closely with the United Nations, the Global Internet Forum to Counter Terrorism (GIFCT), dozens of smaller tech platforms, democratic governments, and civil society.
Online Harms Foundation
The Online Harms Foundation implements the UN-supported public-private partnership Tech Against Terrorism in partnership with the Global Internet Forum to Counter Terrorism (GIFCT). In 2020 we relaunched as the Online Harms Foundation in order to broaden the practical support we offer to smaller tech platforms to include countering the terrorist use of the internet, child sexual abuse material (CSAM), hate speech, online scams, and disinformation whilst respecting human rights.
As PR Manager, you will be responsible for developing and implementing the PR Strategy for Tech Against Terrorism. You will play a key role in raising awareness of the work we do, shaping the way in which we communicate with stakeholders such as governments, global organisations, tech companies and journalists; distilling complex research into media pitches, articles and news stories, generating positive news coverage, profile pieces and features across a broad media spectrum. There will also be the opportunity to work on projects for our sister companies, QuantSpark and Online Harms Foundation.
- Support strategic policy creation for Tech Against Terrorism (TaT) and Online Harms Foundation (OHF)
- Devise PR and marketing strategy
- Act as spokesperson and representative for TaT and OHF where appropriate
- Lead PR function
- Write regular press releases based on TaT / OHF activity and reacting to news
- Present to and build strong relationships with journalists
- Profile our team through media engagements, speaking opportunities, and building their social media presence, including message preparation and media training
- Support and lead on reactive media enquiries
- Manage stakeholder relationships alongside Director and Head of Policy & Research
- Manage websites, social media and newsletters
- Copywriting and content management
- Collaborate with and advise cross-functional teams on compelling communications opportunities.
- Develop a wide range of communications materials such as op-eds, blogs and editorial content.
- Design brochures and reports
- Create presentations and reports which impactfully review and reflect the team’s work.
- Support organisation of webinars and in-person events
- Support fundraising activities including writing proposals
- Implementation of marketing automation tech including CRMs and email capture
- Experience working in a busy press office environment with all facets of the media
- Experience of content production and social media strategy
- Experience and strong interest in media evaluation and tracking
- Ability to influence and build effective relationships
- Ability to prioritize, plan, manage, and execute multiple projects simultaneously, while maintaining good decision making in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Generous monthly training & conference budget to help you upskill
- Flexible hours and hybrid working; work from home or our office
- Option to work from abroad for up to one month each year
- Private Healthcare
- Numerous, perks, discounts and rewards
- 25 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays
- Pension contribution scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Social impact / pro bono strategy projects
- Optional monthly socials, dinners and fun nights out
- A fully stocked supply of breakfast, fruit, and refreshments for the days when you are in the office
Tech Against Terrorism is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not condone discrimination based on race, religion, age, physical or mental disability, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status protected under UK law.
How to apply
Please send your CV to [email protected], with the subject line “PR Manager”