Be part of an inter-disciplinary team consisting of counter-terrorism experts and developers, all committed to responding effectively to the terrorist use of the internet.
Location: London, UK – Hybrid home/in office. For this role, the right to work in the UK is required.
Salary: £40,000 – £45,000 per annum
Start date: As soon as possible
Length of contract: Permanent – Full Time
Tech Against Terrorism is looking for a Project Manager to lead on implementing best practice project management across the team through the whole project life cycle including planning, delivery, reporting and M&E. You will be coordinating the delivery of our recent series of funded projects to expand TAT’s work. You will help organise the team, apply and improve processes to manage our workflows and monitor project health so we can deliver quality work to our clients. You will become point of contact for stakeholders, from conception to post-project wrap-up and support. We need you to plan ahead, manage our team, influence stakeholders internally and externally and make sure Tech Against Terrorism can anticipate and respond to requirements across multiple parallel projects at once.
On a daily basis, you will be responsible for coordinating, administrating and documenting the project management across delivery projects in TAT. You will manage the project teams by allocating workloads and monitoring project health, flagging risks and blockers to the project leads, Executive Director and Chief of Staff if and where appropriate. You will take the lead on client relationships for our funded projects by acting as liaison between TAT delivery teams and client..
The role is well suited for someone with previous experience in project management in 3rd sector organisations, ideally working on projects in the context of international politics, tech policy or counterterrorism. A thorough understanding and experience in working with project management frameworks, including a professional qualification is highly desirable, along with a demonstrated interest in TAT’s area of work.
– Plan and manage projects across the TAT delivery teams (Research, Policy, OSINT, software development) from project planning to post-project phase, including M&E
- Create project monitoring tools for TAT projects (project work plan, risk log, RACI etc)
- Manage the project team by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables effectively
- Predict and manage project resources in an effective and efficient manner
- Track project progress, risks and project health, and proactively work to resolve any blockers and issues together with project team, Executive Director and Chief of Staff
- Prepare budget based on resource requirements and project scope
- Support project progress and financial reporting activities, including invoicing and M&E with clients and funding partners
– Lead on internal communication and external stakeholder management
- Lead project meetings, including agenda setting, action tracking
- Communicate project requirements and progress effectively via PowerPoint, written reports and other methods
- Effectively provide regular feedbacks on project health and progression to internal and external stakeholders with a view to keeping project progression on track
- Act as point of contact for external clients and funding partners for projects you manage
– Lead on implementing best practice project management within TAT in collaboration with the Chief of Staff
- By using industry best practice frameworks, standards and techniques throughout whole project life cycle
- Identify, create and implement new project management work processes together with Chief of Staff
- Accountability: You thrive on taking ownership of both larger projects and smaller tasks
- Collaboration: You work effectively with colleagues to meet timelines and organisational targets.
- Organisation, time management and attention to detail: You are well-organised and are able to carry out multiple projects to a very high quality
- Problem solving: You are solution oriented and innovative in how you approach challenges and blockers
- Analytical and innovative mindset: You identify gaps in existing processes and suggest improvements by regularly bringing new ideas forward
- Communication: You have excellent written and oral communications skills, and you are able to communicate effectively and diplomatically with both colleagues and clients, including producing high quality written reports and material in PowerPoint.
- Ability to influence: You effectively work with others to achieve desired outcomes by working proactively to resolve issues and provide guidance
- Expertise: Deep interest and demonstrated knowledge of project management methodologies and tools, with the ability to pick the best one for any given task
- Management: You have demonstrated strong leadership skills incl the ability to break down complex problems into actionable steps and to support and upskill junior team members
Degree educated in political science, IR, security studies, tech policy or similar –
- or professional Project Management qualification (for example PRINCE2, APMP etc)
- At least two years of experience managing complex and high-impact projects, preferably within the 3rd sector
- Expert knowledge of and demonstrated use of project management programmes (Excel, Asana)
- Proven interest in TAT’s area of work
- Experience in working with Agile Project Management methodology
- Knowledge of software development, counter-terrorism, terrorist use of the internet
- Experience working with publicly funded projects, including reporting requirements
The work we do is hugely impactful and engaging, but it’s our talented team which is our greatest asset; we take pride in providing a collaborative environment where everyone is encouraged and supported to do their best work. You’ll experience a fun and thriving culture, with the following benefits as part of life at Tech Against Terrorism:
- Friendly and supportive culture with all the benefits of working with private sector stakeholders while advancing the goals of an NGO
- Generous monthly training & conference budget to help you upskill
- Flexible working to support families and varying needs, including hybrid and flexible hours
- Option to work abroad up to one month of every year
- Top tier private healthcare
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Numerous perks, discounts, and rewards
- Regular team-wide events held in-person and virtually
- Top notch IT equipment
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension contribution scheme
- A fully stocked supply of breakfast, fruit, and refreshments for the days when you are in the office
How to apply
If you are interested, please apply by submitting your CV and one-page cover letter.
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis. Due to the volume of applications we normally receive, please be aware that feedback times may vary.
For this role, the right to work in the UK is required.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with [email protected]
About Tech Against Terrorism
Tech Against Terrorism supports the global technology sector in responding to terrorist use of the internet whilst respecting human rights. We focus on smaller tech platforms who might not have capacity or capability to respond to this threat without support. We work closely with the United Nations, the large tech firms, dozens of smaller tech platforms, democratic governments, and civil society. Currently, we are working on expanding our work with a number of commercial and publicly funded projects.