TAT & GIFCT E-learning session
Supporting Platforms’ Content Moderation and Transparency Efforts: Existing Resources and Tools
22 July 2021 5pm – 6pm BST, 9am – 10am PDT, 12pm – 1pm EDT
You can register for this webinar here
This webinar is organised in partnership with the Global Internet Forum to Counter Terrorism (GIFCT)
– Are you a tech professional interested in learning about third party resources and tools that you can employ to inform your content moderation policy and decisions, as well as transparency efforts?
– Are you a government or law enforcement official and would like to learn more about industry practitioner’s knowledge and program interventions to support tech platforms in countering terrorist use of the internet?
– Are you an expert or academic interested in understanding how you can support the knowledge sharing and programmes to support smaller platforms?
Our research at Tech Against Terrorism shows that small platforms are in urgent need of support in understanding the threat to their services as well as building pragmatic ways to moderate terrorist content effectively as well as in a human rights compliant and transparent manner.
For this Tech Against Terrorism & GIFCT webinar, we take a closer look at some of the publicly available resources tech companies can use to inform their content moderation activities. In particular, we will focus on Tech Against Terrorism’s Knowledge Sharing Platform, as well as the GIFCT’s Resource Guide:
– The Knowledge Sharing Platform was developed by Tech Against Terrorism to provide smaller tech companies with a collection of interactive tools and resources designed to support their operational and policy-oriented efforts in developing and implementing an effective and human rights compliant counterterrorism response.
– The GIFCT Resource Guide serves as a guide for civil society groups, academic researchers, governments, and other tech companies wanting to know more about the resources and information that GIFCT member companies publish about their efforts to counter terrorist and violent extremist activity.
As always, this webinar session will finish with a Q&A session that is open to all attendees.If you would like to sign up to this free webinar, please register with your institutionally affiliated email address – note that registration does not guarantee participation, and access to this webinar will be limited. This webinar will be held under Chatham House rules.
About our webinar series
Tech Against Terrorism and the Global Internet Forum to Counter Terrorism (GIFCT) are pleased to present our series of e-learning webinars for 2021. These free webinar sessions are particularly suited for tech professionals, content moderators, counterterrorism researchers, and others interested in learning more about terrorist use of technology and the internet more widely – and how to counter it.
As a participant, you will have the opportunity to engage directly with a wide range of experts, and explore practical ways to support smaller tech companies in tackling the terrorist use of the internet whilst respecting human rights. Over the course of the upcoming webinars, GIFCT and Tech Against Terrorism will convene some of the industry’s leading counterterrorism experts and practitioners, policy researchers, and tech companies’ representatives.
If you have any questions about this or future webinars, or if you would like to collaborate for future sessions, please email [email protected]